For years, traditional orthodontics, like metal braces, would have been required if you were looking to correct orthodontic issues. Thankfully, uncomfortable metal braces are no longer necessary for mild to moderate orthodontic problems. Thanks to the constant evolution of dental technology, individuals of all ages can achieve a more symmetrical smile with Invisalign clear aligners offered by Drs. Chris Allington, Ian Campbell, and Lara Loescher and the team at Positive Image Dental in Devonshire. Invisalign is a modern and advanced orthodontic solution that utilizes custom-crafted clear plastic trays made from impressions of your mouth. This makes Invisalign a very comfortable and discreet way to correct various bite issues.
Most Common Reasons Why People Choose Invisalign
Here are some of the most common dental issues which Invisalign can correct.
- Gapped Teeth: If you have teeth with small gaps in between, Invisalign can remedy this and other spacing issues by gradually shifting your teeth closer together.
- Crooked Teeth: If you want to fix your crooked teeth, Invisalign clear aligners are an excellent solution for correcting this issue. In some cases, you could have straight teeth in less than a year.
- Underbites: An underbite is when your lower teeth are positioned in front of your upper teeth. When you close your teeth together, this causes the lower arch of teeth to rest in front. Over time, this can make your teeth more prone to issues such as chips, cracks, and other damage. Invisalign clear aligners are able to reposition your lower teeth to sit in their appropriate position.
- Overbites: An overbite is the opposite of an underbite. Your upper teeth will close over your lower teeth when you smile. This can make basic functionality more difficult when you speak, eat, or chew. Invisalign clear aligners can reposition your upper teeth so you no longer have an overbite.
- Crossbites: If you have upper or lower teeth which sit in front of each other, you could be dealing with a crossbite. Crossbites are another dental concern that Invisalign can address by shifting your teeth into their correct position, eliminating any crossbite.
- Open Bite: If your upper and lower teeth do not meet when you smile, you have an open bite. With Invisalign clear aligners, your teeth can be positioned closer together, creating accurate positioning and elimination of your open bite.
- Crowded Teeth: If your jaw or arches are too narrow to allow for the correct positioning of all your teeth, it can result in crowding. When your teeth are overcrowded, they can overlap or twist into odd angles. Invisalign can correct this issue as well.
Dentists and orthodontists can address a wide range of bite issues with Invisalign. Invisalign can correct mild or moderate problems, but more severe ones may require traditional orthodontics, like metal braces. However, if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, you will soon be on the road to straighter teeth, allowing you to speak, eat, and smile with increased confidence and better comfort.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
If you are ready to learn more about how Invisalign can help improve your smile’s health, function, and appearance, please call our team today. An appointment can be made by calling (441) 292-2312
Share this Article