Devonshire, Bermuda area practice offers implant-retained dentures
Patients looking to replace an entire arch of teeth are encouraged to ask their dentist about implant-retained dentures. At Positive Image Dental in Bermuda, we are pleased to offer this alternative for patients unhappy with traditional dentures and their functionality.
What are implant-retained dentures?
The dentists of Positive Image Dental describe implant-retained dentures as a way of keeping dentures in place without using natural suction or messy denture adhesives. Instead, the dentist will place several dental implants along the dental arch, which provide a solid foundation for a more conservative complete denture.
What are the benefits of implant-retained dentures?
Several advantages make these types of dentures more desirable for one patient over another. Listed below are a few of the more well-known benefits of this type:
- Dental implants maintain the natural bone of the jaw.
- Dental implants provide a robust and fully functioning foundation for dentures.
- Dental implants cannot be seen when the denture is in place, ensuring a natural look.
- Dental implants are durable and allow patients to enjoy all their favourite foods.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care, while the denture itself may need to be replaced with time.
- Dental implants are a wise investment in the long-term function of the smile versus traditional dentures.
Am I a good candidate for implant-retained dentures?
At Positive Image Dental, we can evaluate a patient in Bermuda to decide if they are a good fit for these types of dentures. The best candidates are those with adequate bone to support the dental implant and ensure a successful placement. To determine this, our dentists will often take modern three dimensional x-rays to examine how much bone is available.
If you are considering dental implants for implant-retained dentures and live in Bermuda and do not want to fly overseas to the treatment, we welcome you to schedule a consultation visit with our staff by calling (441) 292-2312. Drs. Ian Campbell, Christopher Allington, and Lara Loescher believe in providing the best care for new and established patients at the office, located at ZBM Annex, Fort Hill Road. Our highly skilled team of professionals are located a minute away from town with parking available and invite new patients and families from Devonshire, Hamilton and nearby communities, into the office for quality care.