It is very important to follow the post-operative interactions following your implant procedure. These include:
- Biting down on gauze for 30-60 minutes following the procedure, repeat as needed but know that slight residual bleeding is normal and may continue for up to 24 hours.
- Stick to calm activities for 24-48 hours following implant placement
- No rinsing, spitting or rigorous swishing of water or mouth rinse for 48-72 hours
- Please continue brushing your teeth regularly, avoiding the implant space for 2 weeks. Use an antibacterial gel to keep the area bacteria free.
- Depending on the sutures used they will either dissolve on their own or we will remove them, either way, we will see you 2 weeks after the implant is placed to check on healing and remove any undissolved sutures.
- Tylenol and/or Advil should manage pain appropriately. Please contact us if pain persists.
- If swelling develops use ice – 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off.
- Avoid smoking for as long as possible after the procedure to facilitate proper healing.